HOME green tips
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Time to tune up heating system, replace filter to prepare for cooler temperatures.
– Mulch leaves while you mow. Clear gutters of debris, and check roof for shingle/flashing needs.
– Get off junk mail lists, catalogs and magazines via online removal. http://www.ecocycle.org/junkmail
– Spiral nutrient rich root vegetables into “noodles” and top with your favorite marinara or pesto sauce. Try parsnip, sweet potato and celery root.
PLAN TO SELL?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside and out.
– Make small repairs or update, and touch up interior and exterior paint for fresh look. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove stuff/bulky furniture. Stage rooms with one color.
-Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
LATEST DENVER/BOULDER MARKET NEWS
DENVER: Summers end selling season slows in August.
As the kids head back to school, we tend to see a seasonal slowing of the housing market. This August was no exception. According to REcolorado’s monthly report on the residential real estate market, signs of the traditional end-of-summer softening were seen in the Denver metro and surrounding area. Prices dipped a bit, the number of sold listings decreased, and homes = stayed on the market longer. http://www.recolorado.com/pages/article?tags=news
BOULDER: Inventory holding tight at end of summer season, prices continue rise. In August new Listings were down 10.2 percent for single family homes but increased 15.7 percent for townhouse-condo properties. Pending sales clocked in at 273 for single family homes and 125 for townhouse-condo properties. The Median Sales Price was up 5.3 percent to $489,643 for single family homes and 15.0 percent to $299,000 for townhouse-condo properties. Days on Market decreased 19.1 percent for single family homes and 27.0 % for condos.
Have a question about your home or neighborhood?
Always Happy to help you, family and friends!
Green Door Living RE