HOME green tips
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Start the New Year with an air cleansing Peace Lily Spathiphyllum, said to break down and neutralize toxic gases like formaldehyde and carbon monoxide inside its pores.
– Get a pair of bamboo sunglasses sourced from sustainable forests and bamboo scrap that would otherwise go to waste, and support marine wildlife, https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/all-new-seaval-shades
– Support your local school garden and Slow Food Movement, which helps educate communities around the world about choosing “Less Fast Food” and more local “Good, Clean, Fair Food for all”, http://www.slowfoodusa.org/about-us
– Stock up on cortisol lowering dark chocolate and have a piece before stressful events to keep your cool both inside and out.
– Brighten mood during the winter months with turmeric tea, said to be as effective as Prozac, or hemp seeds, berries, probiotics or yogurt, and Brazil nuts.
– Snack daily on zinc rich raw pumpkin seeds and ward off the seasons cold and flu.
PLAN TO SELL?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house inside and out to make it sale ready.
– Inspect and make small repairs or update, and touch up interior and exterior paint.
– Open up each space, including closets. Remove bulky furniture. Stage rooms with color.
LATEST MARKET NEWS
DENVER: Demand Remains Steady which continues to drive sales… Inventory remains tight, as prices continue to increase. In November, 6,566 active listings were on the market in the Denver metro and surrounding area, an 18 percent decrease as compared to last month, and a 27 percent year-over-year decrease. These numbers reflect inventory levels roughly half of what they were just three years ago, http://www.recolorado.com/pages/article?tags=news
BOULDER: Home Sales Flat, Median Price Increases… Local residential real estate sales continue strong posting a 10 percent gain in September coupled with a 7 percent increase in the median price. For the first nine months of the year home sales are exactly even with last year and the median price is up 4.8 percent… With three quarters of the year completed, the sales are on a pace to match the record of 18,690 homes sold last year but combined with the increase in the median price, the total volume should be right around $6 billion which will be a new record. And, as a reminder, many buyers and sellers think the market dries up over the next few months but almost 40 percent of the annual sales occur from October through March, http://bizwest.com/home-sales-flat-median-price-increases
Have a question about your home or neighborhood? Plan to buy?
Always Happy to help you, your family and friends
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Green Door Living RE