HOME green tips
Do you have a friend who needs home sell/buy assistance this year? Connect us!
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Give “back” this year on a snow novel snow shovel with wheels (!) at wovel.com.
– Drop the house temp to 65 or below during the winter months to save on heating bill, get a better sleep, lose weight, and lengthen the life of your refrigerator/freezer by working easier.
– Tote your own mug or tumbler to your favorite coffee spot and help reduce paper waste. Starbucks rewards 10 cents savings per cup when you bring your own mug.
– Try local Boulder artisan’s dark Choco-Love chocolate bar with added bonus poetry in every bite.
PLAN TO SELL?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside and out.
– Make small repairs or update, and touch up interior and exterior paint for fresh look. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove stuff/bulky furniture. Stage rooms with one bold color.
-Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
LATEST DENVER/BOULDER MARKET NEWS
DENVER: Denver area housing prices stay strong up 12 percent year over year. “As the winter weather moves in and thoughts turn toward the holidays, the housing market typically sees a month-over-month cooling trend during the fourth quarter,” said CEO of REcolorado. “Home prices remain at the peak levels we saw this summer; however, they have leveled off in the last six months. The market is showing signs of moderating, which is an encouraging sign for home buyers.” http://www.recolorado.com/pages/article?tags=news
BOULDER: Single family continues upward trend in November compared to last year in Boulder County. In November new Listings were up 4.3 percent for single family homes but decreased 32 percent for townhouse-condo properties. The Median Sales Price was up 9.8 percent to $495,000 for single family homes and 10 percent to $270,000 for townhouse-condo properties. Days on market decreased 5 percent for single family homes and 25 percent for condo properties.
Interest rates are an area to pay attention to as rate hikes are widely expected before year end. The Federal Reserve Bank has skipped two opportunities to raise rates this fall, but the final meeting in December will likely include a minor rate hike. http://www.baraonline.com/sites/bara/files/statistics/NovemberMI.pdf
Have a question about your home or neighborhood-Happy to help!
HAVE A GREAT YEAR!
Green Door Living RE