HOME green tips
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Keep refrigerator well stocked to stay cool.
– Plant organic flowers to avoid pesticides linked to the disappearance of bees. Try to get flowers that are native to your area, which grow better with less water, while pollinating insects are more attracted to them.
– Lower water heating costs by turning down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting 120 degrees.
– Grill with nontoxic, nonreactive ceramic skillets and spatulas, which can stand temperatures higher than steel, don’t leach trace metal or chemicals, and never scratch.
PLAN TO SELL? MORE TIPS…
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside/outside.
– Inspect and make small repairs or update, and touch up interior and exterior paint. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove stuff/bulky furniture. Stage rooms with one color.
-Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
LATEST DENVER/BOULDER MARKET NEWS
**Sell high in a Seller’s market and continue with a low interest rate on your new home before they rise by the end of the year.
DENVER: Home sales soar in March. March brought 6,247 new listings to the market, a 38 percent increase as compared to last month, and three percent more than this time last year. However, new listings did little to ease the inventory crunch. Eager home buyers quickly scooped up the active inventory and, in the process, sent home sales soaring.
In March 4,140 homes sold, a 46 percent month-over-month increase and one percent higher than compared to this time last year, http://www.recolorado.com/pages/article?tags=news
BOULDER: Boulder County home buyers are lining up for less inventory. The number of available houses for sale in the county is at a 10-plus-year low, jolting appreciation, creating bidding wars and pricing some people out in the process, http://www.timescall.com/business/local-business/ci_27614117/hot-housing-market-boulder-county-home-buyers-inventory
Have a question about your home or neighborhood?
Always Happy to help you, family and friends!
Green Door Living RE