HOME green tips
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Pull weed seedlings now while the ground is moist to avoid more pesky weeds in the summer months. Remove dead annuals and prune back perennials that have new growth.
– Spring clean home with all-purpose anti-microbial lemon extract (10 drops) and tea tree oil (20 drops) in a quart of water; sprinkle baking soda on musty carpets, sweep it around let it sit a bit, then vacuum it up; clear windows with 2 tsp vinegar and a quart of warm water spray.
– Deodorize and clear the air with a tsp baking soda and 12 drops of anti-bacterial, anti-viral eucalyptus and calming lavender essential oils mixed in an 8 ounce spray bottle of distilled water.
– Add colorful, tasty, nutrient rich nasturtiums, pansies, borage, roses and other edible culinary herb flowers to salads.
PLAN TO SELL? MORE TIPS…
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside/outside.
– Inspect and make small repairs or update, and touch up interior and exterior paint. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove stuff/bulky furniture. Stage rooms with one color.
– Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
LATEST DENVER/BOULDER MARKET NEWS
**Sell high and continue with a low interest rate on your new home before they rise by the end of the year.
DENVER: Home sales soar in March. March brought 6,247 new listings to the market, a 38 percent increase as compared to last month, and three percent more than this time last year.
However, new listings did little to ease the inventory crunch. Eager home buyers quickly scooped up the active inventory and, in the process, sent home sales soaring. In March 4,140 homes sold, a 46 percent month-over-month increase and one percent higher than compared to this time last year, http://www.recolorado.com/pages/article?tags=news
BOULDER: Boulder County home buyers are lining up for less inventory. The number of available houses for sale in the county is at a 10-plus-year low, jolting appreciation, creating bidding wars and pricing some people out in the process, http://www.timescall.com/business/local-business/ci_27614117/hot-housing-market-boulder-county-home-buyers-inventory
Have a question about your home or neighborhood?
Always Happy to help you,
family and friends!
Green Door Living RE