HOME green tips
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Leave the leaves and use their rich nutrients for mulch in lawn soil and plants. Several mowing’s to shred dry leaves into small pieces will enhance the process, or use biodegradable bags to remove piles, while saving environment from more toxic plastics. http://www.leaveleavesalone.org/Leaf_Mulching_Tips.html
– Give your air a clean lift with organic vegetable wax essential oil candles (cinnamon spice, evergreen scents). They are metro and soot free and biodegradable. Lumia Organic, http://www.lumia.us/ a local Boulder co.
– Use unbleached, no wax sandwich bags made from the pulp of Scandinavian spruce trees to help keep rivers, lakes and streams clean: www.ifyoucare.com
– Try this gourmet stuffed pumpkin recipe, http://www.bojongourmet.com/2012/11/leek-and-gruyere-bread-pudding-baked-in.html
– Bake anything sweet and savory with spelt and gluten free oat flours. Swap out the all-purpose and whole wheat flours for these easy protein and nutrient dense ingredients.
– Enjoy fat burning, antioxidant rich holiday favorites, of course pumpkin is on the list, along with red wine, hot chocolate and coffee, and allicin-rich roasted white potatoes.
PLAN TO SELL?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house inside and out to make it sale ready.
– Inspect and make small repairs or update, and touch up interior and exterior paint.
– Open up each space, including closets. Remove bulky furniture. Stage rooms with color.
LATEST MARKET NEWS
DENVER: Housing prices remain strong in October… “With inventory levels remaining tight in October, the market stayed nearly as competitive as it was during the summer selling season,” said Kirby Slunaker, president and CEO of Metrolist. “Home prices climbed a bit, and days on market remained low, indicating continued demand,” http://www.recolorado.com/pages/article?tags=news
BOULDER: Home Sales Flat, Median Price Increases… Local residential real estate sales continue strong posting a 10 percent gain in September coupled with a 7 percent increase in the median price. For the first nine months of the year home sales are exactly even with last year and the median price is up 4.8 percent… With three quarters of the year completed, the sales are on a pace to match the record of 18,690 homes sold last year but combined with the increase in the median price, the total volume should be right around $6 billion which will be a new record. And, as a reminder, many buyers and sellers think the market dries up over the next few months but almost 40 percent of the annual sales occur from October through March, http://bizwest.com/home-sales-flat-median-price-increases
Have a question about your home or neighborhood? Plan to buy?
Always happy to help you and your family and friends!