HOME green tips
GREENER HOME GREENER PLANET
– Place plant supports now around perennials, roses and vines before they bloom large and unyielding.
– Recycle old denim at www.bluejeansgogreen.org which turns it into insulation and upcycles to communities in need, while helping to keep textile waste out of landfill. Drop off at a participating local store.
– Before heading to bed dial back thermostat 7 to 10 degrees cooler to slash 10% off your annual energy bill and get a better sleep in a cooler room.
– Try a biodynamic wine next time the mood strikes. The biodynamic method of growing may capture more carbon from the atmosphere than conventional or organic farming.
PLAN TO SELL?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside and out.
– Make small repairs or updates, and touch up interior and exterior paint for fresh look. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove stuff/bulky furniture. Stage/decorate rooms with Seasonal colors.
– Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
LATEST DENVER/BOULDER MARKET NEWS
DENVER: Denver Metro Home Prices Continue Climb And Inventory Inching Upward. While home prices continue to climb in the Denver-area, the good news for buyers is there is more housing inventory to choose from despite traditional market seasonality. For the first time on record, the average sold price of a single-family home in the Denver-area passed the half million-dollar mark settling at $502,986 in February. Active listings for the residential market finished 5.56 percent higher than last month and 5.31 percent higher year over year… https://www.dmarealtors.com/dmar-real-estate-market-trends-report-mar-18
BOULDER: Home Buying Remains Strong Driving Prices Upward. New Listings were up 0.4 percent for single family homes and 14.1 percent for townhouse-condo properties. Pending Sales landed at 192 for single family homes and 83 for townhouse-condo properties. The Median Sales Price was up 4.0 percent to $599,000 for single family homes and 19.0 percent to $446,250 for townhouse-condo properties. Days on Market decreased 1.1 percent for single family homes but increased 2.9 percent for townhouse-condo properties.
Whatever external forces are placed upon residential real estate markets across the country, whether they are related to tax legislation, mortgage rates, employment situation changes, new family formations, the availability of new construction and the like, the appetite for home buying remains strong enough to drive prices upward in virtually all markets across the country. New sales are not necessarily following that trend, but monthly increases are expected until late summer. https://www.baraonline.com/sites/default/files/statistics/CARmmi-1.pdf
Know anyone selling or buying this year?
Would love to help!
Mile High Luxury RE