Spring home tips
– Fertilize plants with a daily cup of nitrogen/potassium rich coffee grounds (pair with phosphorous rich grass clippings to neutralize acid), which can replenish soil and attract earthworms giving soil a healthy boost.
– Prune back leggy indoor plants and re-pot before longer days of spring growth begin.
– Get a little greener with your fridge by cooling off hot food before putting it in so it doesn’t work as hard and saves energy. Keeping it full also helps it run easier.
– Try stevia sweetened Lily’s dark chocolates, just as yummy sans sugar.
Plan to sell?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside and out.
– Make small repairs or updates, and touch up interior and exterior paint for fresh look. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove personal things and bulky furniture. Stage/decorate rooms with Seasonal colors.
– Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
Latest Market News
DENVER: Denver Metro Market Showing Rise in Inventory. The Denver Area saw another welcome boost in inventory this February, with a significant influx of new homes for sale coming on the market. Home sales and average sold price remained relatively unchanged compared to this time last year. Home sales fell only 1% while the average sold price increased by 1%. Meanwhile, the number of homes under contract increased by 10% compared to last year in Feb. New listings saw a 9% increase year over year, which led to a lift in inventory compared to the same period last year. Homes continue to sell quickly, spending 5 days or fewer on the market year over year. https://cohomeblog.recolorado.com/market-watch-february-2019/
BOULDER: Boulder County Softening Sales in February. New Listings were up 18.6 percent for single-family homes and 36.3 percent for townhouse-condo properties. The Median Sales Price was down 0.8 percent to $601,750 for single-family homes but increased 3.0 percent to $422,190 for townhouse-condo properties. Days on Market decreased 13.0 percent for single-family homes but increased 24.5 percent for townhouse-condo properties.
The National Association of REALTORS recently reported that national existing home sales were down slightly during January 2019 and that pending sales were up in year-over-year comparisons. It is worth noting that some softening of sales was anticipated, as was a positive sales bounce during January 2019 after a slow end to 2018. Weather-related events have hampered some of the necessary machinations of making home sales during February 2019, yet buyers have shown determination toward achieving their home ownership goals. https://www.baraonline.com/sites/default/files/statistics/CARColorado_BARA_MMI_2019-2.pdf
Kristine Merrill, Realtor
Aspen Grove RE Group
your referrals are my greatest complement!