summer home tips
– Spray natural fungicide Ceylon cinnamon oncplant killing fungi. White powder or brown, black, yellow spots on leaves, and gnat bugs in soil can indicate fungal disease. Wisk 3-4 tbsp of ground cinnamon into 1-2 quarts of warm water. Let sit overnight then strain in a coffee filter and use the leftover liquid as your spray. Spray indoor and outdoor plants no more than twice a week.
– Hose off dirt, old cobwebs and plant debris from windows, decks, doors, gutters, and don’t forget siding to also maintain its condition and appearance.
– Try clothing/other things for the house made of pure linen, cotton, silk, wool, cashmere and hemp, which are biodegradable materials that can be added to the compost bin.
– Grill romaine and other hearty greens (with a sturdy core) for tastier summer salads. Spray first with a bit of olive oil and place on grill for a quick couple minutes and turn to get all sides. The goal is to brown/blacken a bit the outer leaves while maintaining the crispness of the inner ones.
plan to sell?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside and out.
– Make small repairs or updates, and touch up interior and exterior paint for fresh look. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove personal things and bulky furniture. Stage/decorate rooms with Seasonal colors.
– Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
Glad to give you your neighborhood scoop anytime.
Interest rates are low again in the 3’s!
DENVER: Denver Metro Increase in Inventory Continues in May. Inventory levels in the Denver Metro area continue increase in May. New listings were up 13 percent compared to last year bringing buyers more options. Demand remains high with home sales up 2% from last year and 17% from last month. The average price of a single-family home (attached + detached) crossed the half million-dollar mark for the first time reaching $503,337 a 3% increase from last year. https://blog.recolorado.com/may-2019-market-statistics/
BOULDER: Boulder County Softening Sales in February. New Listings were up 12.5 percent for single-family homes and 8.6 percent for townhouse-condo properties. The Median Sales Price was up 1.7 percent to $640,000 for single-family homes but decreased 2.7 percent to $392,500 for townhouse-condo properties. Days on Market increased 6.1 percent for single-family homes and 36.6 percent for townhouse-condo properties.
An extended trend of low unemployment, higher wages and favorable mortgage rates has been a terrific driver of housing stability in recent years. What is different about this year so far is that prices are not rising as quickly. Some of the hottest Western markets are even cooling slightly, while some Northeast markets are achieving a state of recovery after a decade of battling back from recession. As a whole, the selling season is looking fairly stable across the nation.
Kristine Merrill, Realtor
Aspen Grove RE Group
your referrals are my greatest complement