winter home tip
– Stay inside and organize house, from the closets and fridge, to taking an inventory of house to do’s for the year, including repairs and replacements.
– Boost your adrenals with leafy greens/lettuce in a daily smoothie after all the holiday parties.
Plan to sell?
– De-clutter, de-personalize, and clean house and yard to make it sale ready. Add plants inside and out.
– Make small repairs or updates, and touch up interior and exterior paint for fresh look. Upgrade lighting.
– Open up each space, including closets, and remove personal things and bulky furniture. Stage/decorate rooms with Seasonal colors.
– Add tech touches like a built-in USB wall charger for $20.00, or a luxury motion sensor faucet to bath or kitchen sinks for under $100.00.
Latest Market News
DENVER: Denver Metro Market Sales Remain Level Prices Continue Steady Gains. The number of home sales in the Denver area remained relatively unchanged compared to this time last year in November. Home sales fell only 1%, while the average sold price increased by 6% year over year. Home prices have seen steady gains up an average of 3% year to date.
Single-family detached homes sold for an average price of $533,564, condos, townhomes up 2% at an average of $363,258 compared to last year. Meanwhile, new listings saw a 6% decrease year over year, and 4% lower at the end of November compared to the same period last year. On average homes are staying on the market 2 days longer than last year, on average 44 days, giving buyers more time to shop. https://blog.recolorado.com/november-2019-market-statistics/
BOULDER: Boulder County Homes Sales See Steady Price Gains. New Listings were down 26.3 percent for single-family homes but increased 9 percent for townhouse-condo properties in November compared to this time last year. The Median Sales Price was up 5.9 percent to $625,750 for single-family homes and 5.4 percent to $403,500 for townhouse-condo properties. Days on Market increased 4.3 percent for single-family homes and 52 percent for townhouse-condo properties. The median sales price for all properties increased to 2.4% year over year.
While many economic signs are quite strong, total household debt has been rising for twenty-one consecutive quarters and is now $1.3 trillion higher than the previous peak of $12.68 trillion in 2008. While delinquency rates remain low across most debt types (including mortgages), higher consumer debt loads can limit future household spending capability and increase risk if the economy slows down. https://www.baraonline.com/sites/default/files/statistics/CAR-Colorado_BARA_MMI_2019-11_0.pdf
Happy New Year!
Kristine Merrill, Realtor
Aspen Grove RE Group
Thank you for your referrals which are our